In no particular order, here are 10 things every Christian parent should teach their kids:
- How to support their church through “tithing.”
- The importance of making eye contact and speaking clearly.
- How to practice spiritual disciplines.
- The importance of taking care of your possessions.
- How to read and enjoy books.
- The importance of saying “thank you.”
- How to apologize and how to forgive.
- The reality that sin always has consequences.
- How to be a good friend, especially to the friendless.
- The supreme value of knowing Jesus and being known by Jesus.
Obviously parents must teach more than these 10 things, but 10 makes for a nice list.
What would you add to your “top 10?”
Originally published January 9, 2017 on landoncoleman.com.