This is a simple post, just a list of my 8 favorite (Christian, non-fiction) books of all time.
- The Holiness of God, by RC Sproul … An accessible treatment of God’s defining attribute.
- The Bondage of the Will, by Martin Luther … The classic Protestant work on “free will,” or lack-there-of.
- The Master Plan of Evangelism, by Robert Coleman … A clear presentation of Jesus’ evangelistic methodology.
- The Gospel of the Kingdom, by George Ladd … My favorite work on the Kingdom of God and eschatology.
- By His Grace and For His Glory, by Thomas Nettles … The book that “allowed” me to be reformed and Baptist.
- Desiring God, by John Piper … Piper’s classic volume on “Christian hedonism.”
- Knowing God, by JI Packer … A challenge to go beyond knowing “about” God and to actually “know” God.
- The Mortification of Sin, by John Owen … My favorite book about the battle of sanctification.
I’d love to hear what (Christian, non-fiction) books would top your list!
Originally published May 22, 2017 on landoncoleman.com.