Summer break has come for the Regular Pastor! I’ll be silent June, July, and August to work on other projects. Yes, these are the same projects I was working on last summer. No, those projects aren’t done yet. Yes, I hope to wrap them up soon. One is a walk through the story of the Old Testament for grown ups, and the other is a walk through the books of the Old Testament for children. Stay tuned for updates on both.
Thanks a million to those of you who kept up with this site over the last nine months. Below I’ve linked the most viewed articles I’ve shared from September 2017 to May 2018. You can also catch up on season one of the Regular Pastor Podcast (there’s a handy media player at the top of this page, and all episodes are on iTunes).
- 4 Church Trends that Make Me Uncomfortable
- The Southern Baptist Convention Has a Paige Patterson Problem
- The Southern Baptist Convention STILL Has a Paige Patterson Problem
- 7 Brief Thoughts about the Nashville Statement
- Love the Skies You’re Under
- 6 Reasons You Should “Go” to Church
- Our Deadly Obsession with Celebrity Culture
- Would My Sermon Offend a Mormon?
- 5 Ways to Make the Most of 936 Weekends
- 10 Thoughts about “God and the Gay Christian” by Matthew Vines
I’ll be back in September with regular blog posts and a new season of the Regular Pastor Podcast. Until then, this is the Regular Pastor, out!
Thank you for all you do, LC! Enjoy your break and I am looking forward to the new season!
Douglas! I heard through the grapevine about a nice young man who sang at a funeral for someone who knows someone who knows me … They said you did a great job. Miss you, brother!